Saturday, August 3, 2013

Where Am I Pointing My Children?

Photo: At the end of the day the question remains: Have I pointed them toward You, Lord? 

{Thanks Time-Warp Wife for this}
 
I saw this on Facebook today, posted on Proverbs 31 Ministries' page, and it spoke to me.  It got me thinking - am I pointing my girls to God every day?  How do I accomplish this in the midst of the hustle and bustle and general craziness of life?  I think the answer is staring us right in the face every day.  The question we need to ask ourselves is this: am I living for God every day?  Because if I am I will automatically point my children to him in all that I do.  
 
I don't know about you, but I want to live in such a way that my children see my faith played out in my day-to-day life.  I can show them how God is working in my life when I sit down to write or make food for friends that need it.  What I find is that sometimes it's the small things we do that mean more to the girls than the big ones we think will make an impact. 
 
So take the opportunity today to teach your kids about the important things in life, no matter what you're doing.  You can show them God at soccer, at the dentist, or in the grocery store.  Let them see God working in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment